Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced Development Operations manager (DevOps) to join our growing organization and to help us manage our development team, release updates on time and automate the software development life-cycle. A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a curiosity to learn are essential.
The DevOps Manager responsibilities include deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet customer needs. If you have a solid background in any of these, we would like to meet you. In addition, this position performs the following roles:
- Work directly with the Development team and management to ensure system integrity
- Manage the development, test and beta environments
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improvement development delivery
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Implement integrations requested by customers
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 3 technical support
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Assist in managing the development team tickets and timelines
Skills and Experience
- Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc.
- AWS services (required)
- Firebase (not required)
- Shell scripting and command line on Windows and/or Linux (basic knowledge required)
- MySQL (basic knowledge required)
- Git and Git branches (basic knowledge required)
- Agile development
The ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently is important.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Computer Science preferred but not a requirement.
- A Master’s Degree is a huge bonus
- Minimum 2 years previous experience with development operations, software development or server administration will be required.