At Courseplay, we have used principles taken from cutting-edge research to ensure that courses taken on our platform deliver long-term and measurable results. We follow the Blended Learning approach to ensure that knowledge is retained as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Blended Learning and Our 6 Key Training Principles
At Courseplay, we have used principles taken from cutting-edge research to make sure that courses taken on our platform deliver long-term and measurable results. We follow the Blended Learning approach to make sure that knowledge is retained as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our training principles are woven into the Courseplay application. Here are our 6 key principles:
- Courses must make a personal connection with the learner
- Learning content must be easy to digest, but not boring
- Courses must cater to learners with different learning styles
- Courses must be interactive as interactivity between learners reinforces lessons
- When learning online, consistency is key
- Learners must have control over time, place, path or pace
The folks at the Silicon Schools Fund and Clayton Christensen Institute have created an excellent video to define and explain what blended learning is and how it works. In the video, the speakers cite examples from school settings but the learning principles are equally applicable in corporate training settings.
Blended learning with Courseplay is not the same as “technology-rich instruction”. It goes beyond one-to-one computers and high-tech gadgets. We leverage the Internet to afford each learner a more personalized experience, meaning increased learner control over the time, place, path, and/or pace of how they learn, which results in better retention and better results.